Introducing 31c0n – a brand new cyber security conference aimed at CIOs, CISOs and security practitioners. Hosted by Aura Information Security, this inaugural event will see 13 of the world’s most respected and revered security researchers and presenters congregate right here in New Zealand for a period of 48 hours.
Over the course of two days, attendees will hear from a stellar line-up of industry experts. You’ll also have the opportunity to mix with like-minded people and evolve your understanding of the cyber security landscape. While the focus for this year’s conference is ‘Critical Infrastructure Security’ we’ll be covering the full scope of what’s new in this ever-evolving industry. See www.31c0n.co.nz for more info.
- Peter Gutmann (NZ), Researcher in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Auckland: Keynote Day 1.
- Michael Ossmann (USA), wireless security researcher and founder Great Scott Gadgets: Keynote Day 2.
- Bryan K. Fite (USA), CISO at BT: Planes, Trains and Automobiles: The Internet of Deadly Things.
- Rodrigo Branco (Brazil), Principal Security Researcher at Intel Corporation’s Security Center of Excellence: Blinded Random Block Corruption Attacks.
- Craig Smith (USA), Research Director of Transportation Security at Rapid7 and author of the ‘Car Hacker’s Handbook’: You Don't Own It If You Can't Hack It (the role of security in the auto industry).
- Ravishankar Borgaonkar (UK), Research Fellow at Oxford University: Privacy Issues in 4G.
- Jacob Torrey (USA), Advising Research Engineer at Assured Information Security, Inc.: Bootstrapping an Architectural Research Platform.
- Dr. Oliver Matula & Chistoph K Klaassen (Germany), IT security researchers and practitioners at ERNW: Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again: A Critical View on Security Products.
- Philippe Langlois (France), founder P1 Security.
- Edmond Rogers (USA), Security Engineer for the University of Illinois Information Trust Institute: Armadillo 2.0 client for CyPSA (Cyber Physical Situational Awareness).
- Matthew Daley (NZ), senior consultant for Aura Information Security: Service Account Shenanigans.
- Graeme Neilson (NZ), chief research offer and founder at RedShield: Voice Biometric Authentication System Vulnerabilities.